Austin Jenkins, Teenager Killed in Tractor-Trailer Accident in Glenns Ferry
Where: The accident occurred in the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 in Glenns Ferry, Idaho.
What Happened: A tractor-trailer allegedly struck the back of several cars in stopped or slowed traffic.
- Brittany Jenkins, driver of Chrysler Town & Country
- Austin Jenkins, passenger of Chrysler Town & Country
- Three teenage passenger in Chrysler Town & Country
- Jorge A. Ramirez, driver of tractor-trailer
- Gurprett Singh, driver of tractor-trailer
- Burt L. Jackson, driver of Hyundai Kona
- Austin Jenkins, 27, killed
- Teenage passenger, killed
- Brittany Jenkins, 28, injured
- Two other teenage passengers, injured
On or about Saturday, October 10th, 2020, around 6:30 in the evening, a multi-vehicle accident with two tractor-trailers left two people dead and sent several others to the hospital. The accident happened in the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 in Glenns Ferry, Idaho.
State Troopers said that 27-year-old Austin Jenkins and an as-of-yet unidentified teenager were killed when a tractor-trailer allegedly slammed into a number of vehicles that had stopped or slowed for traffic on Interstate 84. Austin Jenkins and the teen were a passenger in a Chrysler Town & Country driven by 28-year-old Brittany Jenkins when it was hit.
Two other passenger vehicles and a second 18-wheeler were subsequently struck in the chain-reaction event.
Two other occupants in the Chrysler were transported to St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise in order to be treated for their injuries.
A look at Google Maps shows Glenns Ferry is located just south of Caldwell Idaho, with Interstate 84 running between them.
This is the counties 74th death on the roads this year. State Police are assisting local law enforcement with the investigation.
Questions About Your Options After an Accident?
Claim your free, no obligation consultation with a qualified attorney from Grossman Law.Get Help Now