Hannah Pegues Killed, Three Injured in Car Accident on Highway 11 in Hopkins County
Where: The accident occurred on Highway 11 in Hopkins County, Texas.
What Happened: A pickup truck allegedly struck the back of a pickup truck towing a trailer and a van.
- Jennifer Pegues, driver of pickup truck
- Hannah Pegues, passenger in pickup truck
- Adalyn Pegues, second passenger in pickup truck
- Wade Stuart, driver of pickup truck towing trailer
- Markie Smith, driver of Chrysler Pacifica
- Hannah Pegues, 15, killed
- Adalyn Pegues, 9, injured
- Jennifer Pegues, 45, injured
- Markie Smith, 32, injured
On or about Monday, April 4th, 2022, around 5:22 in the afternoon, a major three-vehicle car accident left one teen dead and sent three other people to the hospital. Officials from the Department of Public Safety said the accident was reported along Highway 11 in Hopkins County, Texas.
Representatives from the Texas DPS said 15-year-old Hannah Pegues was killed, while 9-year-old Adalyn Pegues, 45-year-old Jennifer Pegues, and 32-year-old Markie Smith were injured when a the pickup truck Jessica was driving allegedly hit the back of a pickup truck towing a trailer before colliding with a Chrysler Pacifica driven by Markie Smith. Emergency responders pronounced Hannah Pegues dead, while the other three were treated for their injuries following the accident.
According to Google Maps, Hopkins County is about 91 miles northeast of downtown Dallas.
Officials are still investigating the accident.
Questions About Your Options After an Accident?
Claim your free, no obligation consultation with a qualified attorney from Grossman Law.Get Help Now