Jonathan Estrada, Jacqueline Martinez, Two Children Killed in Tractor-Trailer Accident near Carthage
Where: The accident occurred on Highway 315 near Carthage, Texas.
What Happened: A passenger vehicle allegedly skidded into oncoming traffic and into the path of a tractor-trailer.
- Jonathan Estrada, occupant in car
- Jacqueline Martinez, occupant in car
- Three juvenile passengers in car
- Isaias Cordero Herrera, driver of tractor-trailer
- Rogelio Flores Almora, passenger in tractor-trailer
- Jonathan Estrada, 27, killed
- Jacqueline Martinez, 26, killed
- Juvenile passenger in car, 9, killed
- Juvenile passenger in car, 4, killed
- Juvenile passenger in car, 9, injured
- Isaias Cordero Herrera, 29, injured
- Rogelio Flores Almora, 36, injured
On or about Wednesday, October 27th, 2021, an accident between a car and a tractor-trailer left two adults and two children dead, while three other people were taken to the hospital. Troopers from the DPS said the accident was reported along Highway 315 just outside Carthage, Texas.
Officials said 27-year-old Jonathan Estrada, 26-year-old Jacqueline Martinez, a 9-year-old child, and a 4-year-old child were killed, while Isaias Cordero Herrera and 36-year-old Rogelio Flores Almora and another 9-year-old child were injured when a car allegedly crossed over the center line of Highway 315 and collided with a tractor-trailer in the oncoming lanes. Estrada, Martinez, and the two children were pronounced dead, while Herrera, Almora and another child were rushed to the hospital. Police identified the driver of the tractor-trailer as Herrera, but did not indicate who was driving the passenger vehicle.
According to Google Maps, the scene of the accident is about 9 miles southwest of Carthage, which is about 158 miles southeast of downtown Dallas.
Police are still trying to pin down exactly what may have led to the accident.
Questions About Your Options After an Accident?
Claim your free, no obligation consultation with a qualified attorney from Grossman Law.Get Help Now