May 2021 Texas Commercial Crash Injuries Statistics Show Increase In Serious Injuries
Commercial injury and fatality statistics are available for May 2021 from the Texas Department of Transportation. The numbers show that deaths in commercial truck accidents declined from the prior month’s total, while serious injuries increased significantly.
The numbers break down as follows:
- 124 fatalities from commercial truck crashes
- 330 serious or catastrophic injuries
- 787 minor injuries requiring hospitalization
- 1165 minor injuries that didn’t require a trip to the hospital
- 50 injuries of unknown severity.
Deaths declined 15.6% from the April total. During the same time period, catastrophic injuries increased 26%. Comparisons to prior year totals don’t reveal much given the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
All numbers are preliminary and subject to revision. Final crash statistics will not be released until late-2022.
Questions About Your Options After an Accident?
Claim your free, no obligation consultation with a qualified attorney from Grossman Law.Get Help Now