Aida Marie Torres Killed in Truck Accident near Falfurrias in Brooks County
Where: The accident occurred in the westbound lanes of Highway 285 at County Road 401 near Falfurrias in Brooks County, Texas.
What Happened: A passenger vehicle allegedly failed to yield and struck a pickup towing a trailer.
- Driver of Chevrolet Trax
- Passenger in Chevrolet Trax
- Driver of Ford F-350 towing trailer
- Driver of Chevrolet Traverse
- Aida Marie Torres, passenger in Chevrolet Traverse
- Three passengers in Chevrolet Traverse
- Aida Marie Torres, 51, killed
- Driver of Chevrolet Trax, injured
- Passenger in Chevrolet Trax, injured
- Driver of Chevrolet Traverse, injured
- Three passengers in Chevrolet Traverse, injured
- Driver of Ford F-350 towing trailer, injured
On or about Monday, March 1st, 2021, around 6:44 in the evening, an accident between a car, an SUV, and a pickup towing trailer left one woman dead and sent several people to the hospital. Troopers from the DPS said the accident happened at the intersection of Highway 285 and County Road 401 just outside Falfurrias in Brooks County, Texas.
Department of Public Safety Troopers said a Chevrolet Trax on County Road 401 allegedly failed to yield to the stop sign at the intersection with Highway 285 when it collided with a Ford F-350 towing a trailer. The trailer subsequently flipped into the path of a Chevrolet Traverse, which rolled following the collision. Emergency responders pronounced 51-year-old Aida Marie Torres dead at the scene of the accident. The driver and three passengers in the Traverse were taken to the hospital along with the driver and passenger in the Chevrolet Trax.
The scene of the accident is located about 2 miles outside Falfurrias, according to Google Maps.
Texas DPS and local law enforcement assisted at the scene of the accident.
Questions About Your Options After an Accident?
Claim your free, no obligation consultation with a qualified attorney from Grossman Law.Get Help Now