Five Cyclists Killed in Box Truck Accident on Highway 95 outside Las Vegas
Where: The accident happened on Highway 95 near Boulder City just outside Las Vegas, Nevada.
What Happened: A box truck allegedly struck several cyclists that were riding near a safety escort vehicle.
- Erin Michelle Ray, cyclist
- Michael Todd Murray, cyclist
- Aksoy Ahmet, cyclist
- Thomas Chamberlin Trauger, cyclist
- Gerrard Suarez Nieva, cyclist
- Box truck driver
- Driver of Subaru escort vehicle
- Erin Michelle Ray, 39 killed
- Michael Todd Murray, 57, killed
- Aksoy Ahmet, 48, killed
- Thomas Chamberlin Trauger, 57, killed
- Gerrard Suarez Nieva, 41, killed
- Three other cyclists, injured
- Driver of Subaru escort vehicle, injured
On or about Thursday, December 10th, 2020, around 9:39 in the morning, an accident between a box truck and several cyclists left five people dead and three others injured. Deputies from the Clark Count Sheriff’s Office said the accident happened along Highway 95 near Boulder City, southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada.
Officers said 39 year-old Erin Michelle Ray, 57-year-old Michael Todd Murray, 48-year-old Aksoy Ahmet, 57-year-old Thomas Chamberlin Trauger, and 41-year-old Gerrard Suarez Nieva were killed when a box truck allegedly veered off the road and struck them as they were riding near a safety escort vehicle. All five victims were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
Police have said they do not believe impairment was a factor in the accident at this time.
According to Google Maps, Boulder City is situated about 26 miles southeast of Las Vegas, in Clark County.
Multiple agencies are still investigating the accident.
Questions About Your Options After an Accident?
Claim your free, no obligation consultation with a qualified attorney from Grossman Law.Get Help Now